This opened up a whole world to me for selling electronic items no longer of use to me. For instance:
- iPhone means I no longer need my GPS or my Garmin Forerunner.
- Newer Macbook Pro means I no longer need my perfectly good older one.
- Bluetooth in my car means I no longer need my Motorola Bluetooth earpiece.
- Ipad means I no longer use my Kindle
I could go on.
I was able to easily open a seller's account on Amazon and begin selling these items. Some other items I have been able to sell include memory no longer being used, cameras that have since been replaced and other computer and camera peripherals. It is really easy to do. Amazon does all the work for you, but you have to ship it. Amazon takes all the guess work out of the transaction. Some nice things that Amazon does:
- Walks you through the item description
- Tells you the lowest price that someone is selling it for
- Maintains your privacy
- Collects a shipping amount for you
I have sold everything I have listed on Amazon except one item. And, I just listed my Canon Camera body and lenses, because I got a new camera for my birthday.
Anything you need to watch out for? YES! I will deal with that in my next post.